You've successfully copied this link.
Asian Investment in Australia Residential Real-Estate Q1 2021
By Juwai, 26 February 2021
Six-fold more mainland Chinese investment flows into Australian residential real estate than into housing in the United States, when adjusted for GDP, according to new research from Juwai IQI.
This startling statistic comes from Juwai IQI’s new Q1 2021 residential real estate report, “Asian Investment in Australia.” The unprecedented report is sponsored by Kay & Burton, the leader in Melbourne's premium real estate market.
Asian Investment in Australia Residential Real-Estate Q1 2021 is the first industry report based on widespread sources to track Asian investment in Australia’s residential real estate sector. It provides an overall view of industry expectations for prices, rentals, and market activity as well as the impact of Covid-19 on 2021 investment. The report provides information that any buyer, seller, or developer would find useful and invaluable.
Here are some highlights from the report:
- China is not the only major Asian investor in Australia, however. Singapore, Malaysia, and Japan also lead in inbound investment. Thailand and Vietnam are prominent growth countries.
- COVID-19 has had a significant negative impact, knocking Chinese real estate buyer enquiries back by some 19.2% in 2020.
- Data on total investment by source country, investor preferences, the impact of COVID-19 and the post-pandemic outlook.
- Why Jamie Mi, Partner & Head of International Division at Kay & Burton, expects a inbound investment rebound from the second half of 2021.
- Forecast for Asian real estate investment in Australia real estate
For more details of the report, sign in and download it HERE.
Liked this article? Sign up for free to get Juwai Juwai Asia Market updates!
SIGN UP NOW