You've successfully copied this link.
Xi and LA mayor aim for stronger ties
By Juwai, 31 May 2013
For the third time since 2011, Chinese President Xi Jinping met with Los Angeles Mayor, Antonio Villaraigosa – reaffirming ties between China and LA.
One of the outgoing mayor's suggestions to his successor is that visiting China should be a priority.
With Los Angeles being the second-most searched city in the US by Chinese buyers on Juwai.com, we are anticipating an increase in Chinese buyer interest in LA homes following the strengthened ties.
Here are some interesting China-LA facts:
- Trade between China and LA stands at about US$139 billion.
- LA handles about 40% of all Chinese goods entering the US.
- More than 460,000 Chinese tourists visited LA in 2012, a 318% increase from 2006.
- There are now 6 direct flights from LA to major Chinese cities.
- All major Chinese airlines now fly to LA.
Read more on China Daily.