You've successfully copied this link.
How to sell more real estate during Golden Week
By Juwai, 18 September 2013
Golden Week is coming, and that's an opportunity for anyone selling property to Chinese buyers.
If you don't know what Golden Week is, read this Forbes article by Kenneth Rapoza.
Now that you know all about it, you are probably wondering how to take best advantage of Golden Week. That's why we have written this post.
5 Golden Week Real Estate Selling Tips
1. Start early!
Don't wait until Golden Week comes around and Chinese property buyers start boarding airplanes en route to your market. Traffic on Juwai.com increases 66% in the weeks preceding a Golden Week holiday. That tells us that Chinese buyers are researching more actively as they decide where to go and which properties, agents and developers to see in person.Â
2. If you didn't get started early this time, don't worry.
There are two Golden Week holidays every year. Christmas has also become a peak travel period for Chinese. All this means you will have another opportunity soon. See the bottom of this post for dates in 2014 and 2015.
3. Rethink your property descriptions, banner ads and other marketing copy from the perspective of a buyer in China.
When they consider your property, they think different things than a local buyer. For example: the lifestyle your location offers, the long-term investment potential, transportation links and the nearbyÂ educational opportunities for their children.
4. When you travel to China for a property expo (read more about Chinese real estate events), ask them if they will be travelling abroad during the next Golden Week holiday.
If so, offer them an incentive to meet with you in your local market. Perhaps it's a free report or data product, or perhaps it's the promise to organise their local trip. That would of course include showing them relevant listings. It could also include suggesting a good place to stay â€“ and suggesting restaurants, shopping and activities that will enhance their opinion of your market.
5. Consider increasing your online marketing in the period prior to each Golden Week.
Buyers planning on travelling will use this to decide upon the markets and properties they would like to visit. That makes it an especially important time to get in front of them.
Upcoming Golden Week Dates
- Spring Festival Golden Week holiday, 30 January to 5 February,Â 2014.
- National Day Golden Week holiday, 1 October to 7 October, 2014.
- Spring Festival Golden Week holiday, 18 Feb. through 24 Feb., 2015.
- National Day Golden Week holiday, 1 Oct. through 7 Oct., 2015
Related Links to Golden Week
Chinese Buyers Get Ready for Golden Week on Forbes (US)
Chinese â€œGolden Weekâ€ holiday also golden for Western real estate sellers on Property Portal Watch (Global)
Golden Week brings Chinese buyers to UK shores on Estate Agent Today (UK)
Aussie property proving popular amongst Chinese on Real Estate Business (AU)
How to sell Australian property to the savvy Chinese investor on Property Observer (AU)
Liked this article? Sign up for free to get Juwai Juwai Asia Market updates!
SIGN UP NOW